Reimbursements are the basic transaction for an RSO. An RSO member will make a purchase for the group, and then will be compensated via a check from the University. The funds are directly deducted from your RSO account.
*Make your purchases and don’t hesitate to use a Tax Exempt form to save a few dollars.
*Check that your purchase will be reimbursable.
What to submit: varies depending on what type of paperwork you have to verify the expense.
Original printed receipts should be submitted to the Financial Operations Office (RC 006) after your Purchase Request has been approved..
*A receipt shows payment. If your receipt does not reflect payment then it is a ticket, not a receipt, and requires further documentation.
Original printed tickets that do not show proof of payment should be submitted with a bank/credit card statement or, if paid for in cash, a Back-Up Documentation form signed by the individual being reimbursed.
Handwritten Receipts should be accompanied by a Back-Up Documentation form if paid in cash or by a bank/credit card statement if the items were paid for with credit or by check.
-Notes on avoiding reimbursement pitfalls-
- Always put the full, legal name of the individual being reimbursed.
- Always submit original receipts; Photocopies are never sufficient.
- Complete the event date and number of people boxes on the Purchase Request.
- For food expenses for fewer than 11 people, you must provide the full names of all the people who were present.
- DO NOT PAY FOR ANY SERVICES OR RENTALS.
- DO NOT PURCHASE ANY GIFT CARDS.