March 3, 2022
As you know, the University is lifting some restrictions for in-person gatherings due to declining COVID-19 case numbers on campus and in the Chicago area. Effective March 4, the guidance for in-person RSO activities includes the following:
- Masks will be optional for much of campus and for RSO events. RSOs may not require participants to wear masks for any activities.
- Please remember that regardless of mask mandates, many community members will still use masks as a precaution. We ask for everyone to be respectful of others’ privacy and choices.
- RSOs that are interested in verifying proof of vaccination (and/or COVID test results) from non-University visitors must contact their RSO advisor to review this protocol and gain approval.
- Similarly, RSOs planning any event/activity involving wind instruments (brass, woodwind, bagpipes, etc.) must contact their RSO advisor to review the requirements and gain approval.
- RSO event attendance cannot exceed the capacity of the venue, and RSO event planners are encouraged to provide “breathing room” for participants who require or request extra space.
- In-person gatherings may include food and beverages. We recommend that RSOs continue to follow the best practices outlined on the CLI website.
Additional information and best practices for events is on the Center for Leadership and Involvement website.
We are thankful to you, our RSO leaders, who have planned and executed events with such care for the safety and wellbeing of others. The Student Centers and Center for Leadership and Involvement staff look forward to our continued work with you this year.