January 10, 2022
Dear RSO Leaders,
As we eagerly await your return to campus, we are writing to share updated guidance for in-person RSO meetings and events.
To limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus, we must be flexible in how and where we gather. Beginning January 24 and until further notice, the following guidelines will be in place for in-person RSO activities.
- All gatherings will be limited to fewer than 100 people, including event organizers.
- Serving food or drinks is prohibited during any gathering.
- All attendees and organizers must be masked at all times.
- Event organizers must designate a COVID monitor to ensure that these guidelines are followed.
- Event organizers must submit a Blueprint Event Request form if your activity:
- Is being held in a location outside of Student Centers spaces;
- Includes minors; or
- Is being held in spaces that hold more than 100 attendees, including Mandel Hall, FXK Theatre, Hutchinson Commons, Cloister Club, Ida Noyes Library & Lounge, Max P Cinema, and the Ida Noyes Third-Floor Theater.
Please keep in mind that these restrictions may change as we monitor the spread of COVID.
If your RSO has a reservation for a date after January 24 and the event complies with the latest guidelines, Student Centers event planners will be in touch to confirm the booking. If your RSO has a reservation that does not meet the latest guidelines, your RSO advisor and an event planner will be in touch to discuss alternatives, including rescheduling the event for a later date.
The guidance above reflects a necessary shift to combat the recent surge in COVID cases. We are hopeful that with your cooperation, we will be able to continue our in-person events during Winter Quarter.
We know and appreciate that the RSO community has demonstrated strength and a commitment to maintaining a safe environment throughout the pandemic, and we expect that you will continue to do so despite these challenges. The Center for Leadership and Involvement and Student Centers staff are ready to support RSOs in making your activities successful.