The Modus Vivendi Society CONCLAVE: October 21 - 22, 2017
The focus of the Modus Vivendi Society Conclave is on Community Values: Discussing avenues for active engagement and Citizenship in the community. A bulk of our time will be spent with participants developing a strategic plan to create collaborative change that students wish to see in their community.
- Attend Orientation on Monday, October 16 from 5:30 - 6:30pm. Participants who cannot attend this program due to an already scheduled commitment will need to schedule a makeup meeting and can indicate this need on their application.
- Pay a $50 REFUNDABLE deposit in cash or check to confirm participation. All deposits will be returned / refunded immediately after the program to all students who attend. If the deposit creates a substantial burden please indicate that on the application - this will not impact your chances of being invited to attend.
- Attend the entirety of the program and travel with the group to and from the retreat facility.
Applications for the Conclave are now closed.
2017 Schedule of Activities:
Saturday, October 21:
- 10:30a: Check in, Program preparation meeting
- 11:30a: Arrive at retreat site, Welcome Activities
- 12:30p: Lunch
- 1:30p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 6:00p: Dinner
- 7:00p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 9:00p: Free Time
Sunday, October 22:
- 8:00a: Breakfast Available
- 9:00a: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 12:30p: Depart retreat site
- 1:00p: Arrive back to UChicago
Schedule is subject to change - participants will be notified of changes prior to confirming attendance
2017 Facilitation Team:
- Jessica Beaver-Hollman: Assistant Director of Residence Life, Housing & Residence Life
- Carrie Grogan: Assistant Director of Student Leadership Development, Center for Leadership & Involvement
- Ann Merrell: Student Programs Administrator, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Josh Oxley: Program Administrator, Global Studies Program
- Kristen Reid Salomon: Assistant Dean of Students, School of Social Service Administration
- Ireri Rivas: Director of Student Support Services, Center for Identity + Inclusion
- Casey Talbot: Student Involvement Advisor, Center for Leadership & Involvement
"I would recommend Modus Vivendi because it helps me think about the ways that I can practically bring about change in my community by focusing on my leadership skills and where I can improve. I love the Modus Vivendi Society!!!" -Conclave 2015 participant