The Modus Vivendi Society CONCLAVE: November 3 - 4, 2018
The focus of the Modus Vivendi Society Conclave is on Community Values: Discussing avenues for active engagement and Citizenship in the community. A bulk of our time will be spent with participants developing a strategic plan to create collaborative change that students wish to see in their community.
- Attend Orientation on Monday, October 29 from 5:30 - 6:30pm. Participants who cannot attend this program due to an already scheduled commitment will need to schedule a makeup meeting and can indicate this need on their application.
- Pay a $50 REFUNDABLE deposit in cash or check to confirm participation. All deposits will be returned / refunded immediately after the program to all students who attend. If the deposit creates a substantial burden please indicate that on the application - this will not impact your chances of being invited to attend.
- Attend the entirety of the program and travel with the group to and from the retreat facility.
Applications for the 2018 Conclave will open here on Monday, October 1.
2017 Schedule of Activities:
- 10:30a: Check in, Program preparation meeting
- 11:30a: Arrive at retreat site, Welcome Activities
- 12:30p: Lunch
- 1:30p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 6:00p: Dinner
- 7:00p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 9:00p: Free Time
- 8:00a: Breakfast Available
- 9:00a: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 12:30p: Depart retreat site
- 1:00p: Arrive back to UChicago
Schedule is subject to change - participants will be notified of changes prior to confirming attendance
2017 Facilitation Team:
- Jessica Beaver-Hollman: Assistant Director of Residence Life, Housing & Residence Life
- Carrie Grogan: Assistant Director of Student Leadership Development, Center for Leadership & Involvement
- Ann Merrell: Student Programs Administrator, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Josh Oxley: Program Administrator, Global Studies Program
- Kristen Reid Salomon: Assistant Dean of Students, School of Social Service Administration
- Ireri Rivas: Director of Student Support Services, Center for Identity + Inclusion
- Casey Talbot: Student Involvement Advisor, Center for Leadership & Involvement
"I would recommend Modus Vivendi because it helps me think about the ways that I can practically bring about change in my community by focusing on my leadership skills and where I can improve. I love the Modus Vivendi Society!!!" -Conclave 2015 participant