The Modus Vivendi Society RETREAT: March 30 - 31, 2019
The focus of the Modus Vivendi Society Retreat is on Group Values: Collaboration, Common Purpose, and Controversy with Civility. A bulk of our time will be spent in interactive activities, discussions, and guided reflection focused on how collaborative leadership can be established with techniques to gain greater understanding and communication.
- Attend a one hour Orientation from 2:00-3:00pm on Thursday, March 14. Participants who cannot attend this program due to an already scheduled commitment will need to schedule a makeup meeting and can indicate this need on their application.
- Pay a $50 REFUNDABLE deposit in cash or check to confirm participation. All deposits will be returned / refunded immediately after the program to all students who attend. If the deposit creates a substantial burden please indicate that on the application - this will not impact your chances of being invited to attend.
- Attend the entirety of the program and travel with the group to and from the retreat facility.
Applications for the 2019 Retreat will open here on Monday, February 25.
2018 Schedule of Activities:
- 10:00a: Check in, program preparation meeting
- 12:00p: Arrive at retreat site
- 12:30p: Lunch
- 1:30p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 5:30p: Dinner
- 6:30p: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 10:00p: Free Time
- 9:00a: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 10:30p: Brunch
- 11:30a: Small and large group activities, reflection, and discussion
- 3:00p: Depart retreat site
- 4:30p: Arrive back to UChicago
*Please note: on campus residents will not have access to rooms until Sunday, March 31. DO NOT plan to be in your residence hall the night prior to the Retreat without making prior arrangements.
**Schedule is subject to change - participants will be notified of changes prior to confirming attendance
2018 Staff Facilitation Team:
- Kevin Collins: Assistant Director, Center for College Student Success
- Carrie Grogan: Assistant Director of Student Leadership Development, Center for Leadership & Involvement
- Nerissa Osby: School of Social Service Administration, Student Engagement Coordinator
- Nate Payovich: Associate Director, Student Disability Services
- Casey Talbot: Student Involvement Advisor, Center for Leadership & Involvement
- Codi Vachon: Career Advancement Assistant Director, Trott Business Program
"It’s a really great way to learn to communicate about the things that are important to you even when others are in opposition to your views." -Retreat 2015 Participant