The Student Engagement Fund is designed to support student programs and initiatives that promote leadership development, professional development, community development and academic initiatives that are not part of activities undertaken by a Recognized Student Organization (RSO). This fund is supported by the Student Life Fee, and is open to all undergraduate and graduate students who pay the fee. Students may apply for the Student Engagement Fund at any time while they are enrolled as a full-time student and plan to be enrolled full-time the following quarter. Funding is available fall, winter and spring quarters - until all funds are allocated.
- Fund requests can be made for up to $4,000.
- Awardees are required to submit a summary report of how the funds are used. Due dates for summary reports will be provided at the time funding is granted.
- All awardees must complete the Student Engagement Fund training modules before the funds can be accessed.
- Events, programs and initiatives receiving support from the Student Engagement Fund are eligible to reserve space for a discounted rate within the Reynolds Club, Ida Noyes Hall, and certain classroom spaces.
APPLICATIONS for the
2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
are currently CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the timeline for applications?
Applications are due by Monday, May 6, 2019 at 12:00pm (noon). At which time, applications will close and if there are funds remaining after the first round of request, the Student Engagement Fund application willl reopen October 1, 2019 at 9:00am.
- HOLD THE DATE! There is a mandatory meeting for all Student Engagement Fund award recipients on May 28, 2019 at 11:00am in the South Lounge.
Can I apply for funding for multiple quarters?
Yes, you are encouraged to apply for funds for the entire 2019-2020 academic year when applications open.
What is the maximum amount I am eligible to apply for per academic year?
Your group is eligible to apply for up to $4,000 per academic year.
If I receive funding and I am granted space, can more than one person reserve rooms on behalf of my group?
No, each group most designate one person to manage and reserve spaces on behalf of their organization. If you need to change your primary contact for room reservations, please contact Derek Bundy, Associate Director of Student Centers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
My RSO is looking for funding, can we apply for the Student Engagement Fund?
No, recognized student organizations (RSO) are encouraged to apply for funding through those funding sources designated for RSOs. For more information about funding opportunities, please visit the following website sg.uchicago.edu/funding.
The applications are available here: APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
For questions, please contact Jimmy Brown, Director of the Center for Leadership & Involvement at 773-702-3343.