Similar to previous Quarters during this remote transition, all RSO expenses must be approved by your RSO advisor. Before making any purchases, meet with your RSO advisor to obtain approval and to avoid any delays in reimbursement.
In this time of social distancing and remote engagement, RSOs should be prepared to share their plan for advertising and creating a space that is accessible and inclusive of students across varying time zones.
Given the unique circumstances of a hybrid Quarter, there have been a few temporary changes to the RSO funding guidelines. Before submitting your reimbursements, please keep the following considerations in mind
- Funded programs/events should be open to all students, regardless of whether they are members of the requesting organization or not. In this time of social distancing and remote engagement, RSOs should be prepared to share their plan for advertising their programs and creating a space that is accessible and inclusive of students across varying timezones.
- Custom merchandise, apparel, and giveaways will be considered in limited situations. RSOs will need to identify a plan for how these items are being distributed and why it is critical to be purchased now.
- No alcohol expenses will be funded or approved.
- No travel expenses will be approved at this time.
The Student Government Finance Committee will continue to review applications for new events/programming. The funding guidelines above will apply to any applications.
For more information and to submit your funding request, please visit the CLI website: SGFC Funding Requests
In-person student events must be submitted for University approval before they will be considered for funding. For more information about the approval process, visit In-Person Event Protocols.
The CLI staff has compiled a list of resources and fun activities that you can consider in your planning. You can find more information here: RSO Virtual Management Resources.
Your RSO advisor is also a great resource in your planning. We would encourage you to reach out to them directly to discuss your idea. We hope that every RSO has a chance to connect virtually this Quarter. You can find your RSO advisor information on your Blueprint page.
- Virtually Engaging Members Tutorial: step-by-step planning guide aand instructions for how to submit an event on Blueprint.