Women’s Leadership Series began with a series of workshops and trainings, but have also taken the form of a Book Club and celebration of International Women’s Day. The goal of these programs is to offer a space for discussion and exploration of the unique issues that arise when women take the lead. Programming is not limited to participants of a particular gender identity.
Women's Leadership Program
The Women's Leadership Program is a 6-week series in which participants will learn about, reflect on and develop self-advocacy and leadership skills. During this program, participants will explore what it means to be a woman in leadership and how their unique experiences shape their leadership framework. Participants will have the opportunity to build relationships within a small cohort of women and connect with women leaders across different fields.
After the 6 weeks have concluded, you will continue to have the opportunity to collaborate with this cohort of women throughout your remaining years in the college through a series of alumni events and networking sessions. We intend for this program to not only help you become a stronger leader but also make lasting friendships with a group of women that are truly empowered to make a difference in the world at large.
We will meet for 6 weekly sessions, Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 pm, starting October 14, 2020. Please note that this is a commitment to your cohort and to yourself, attendance at all sessions is expected.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, all sessions will be held via Zoom.
Applications for Fall 2020 cohort are closed. Stay tuned to learn how you can apply to the Fall 2021 cohort.
If you have any questions about the Women's Leadership Program please contact Karina Pabón at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Women's Leadership Book Club
Join us for our quarterly Women’s Leadership Book Club! Each quarter, we read and discuss a book that addresses issues pertaining to women’s leadership. The program is open to ALL members of the UChicago community, regardless of gender identity.
Winter 2021 Pick: One Life by Megan Rapinoe
The meeting will be held via Zoom on February 4 from 12-1 pm. Zoom link will be provided to all participants. To get your copy of the book, email Karina Pabón at email@example.com. *Please include if you would like your book shipped or if you are able to pick it up from the Seminary Co-op Bookstore in Hyde Park*
Past Book Club Picks:
- Fall 2017 Book Club Selection: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Winter 2018 Book Club Selection: Innovating Women: The Changing Face of Technology by Vivek Wadhwa and Farai Chideya
- Spring 2018 Book Club Selection: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Fall 2018 Book Club Selection: Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
- Winter 2019 Book Club Selection: Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Spring 2019 Book Club Selection: Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Start-Up by John Carreyrou
- Fall 2019 Book Club Selection: Lead from the Outisde: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change by Stacey Abrams
- Spring 2020 Book Club Selection: Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- Summer 2020 Book Club Selection: I'm Still Here: Black Dignitiy in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Fall 2020 Book Club Selection: More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
Women's Leadership Workshops
For questions about the series or suggestions for selections / workshops you'd like to see, email Karina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Women's Leadership Workshops:
- Leading With Confidence
- Finding a Mentor
- International Women's Day
- Stress and Balance
- Courage to Act
- Self Advocacy & Negotiation