Women’s Leadership Series began with a series of workshops and trainings, but have also taken the form of a Book Club and celebration of International Women’s Day. The goal of these programs is to offer a space for discussion and exploration of the unique issues that arise when women take the lead. Programming is not limited to participants of a particular gender identity.
Women's Leadership Program
The Women's Leadership Program is a 6-week series in which participants will learn about, reflect on and develop self-advocacy and leadership skills. During this program, participants will explore what it means to be a woman in leadership and how their unique experiences shape their leadership framework. Participants will have the opportunity to build relationships within a small cohort of women and connect with women leaders across different fields.
After the 6 weeks have concluded, you will continue to have the opportunity to collaborate with this cohort of women throughout your remaining years in the college through a series of alumni events and networking sessions. We intend for this program to not only help you become a stronger leader but also make lasting friendships with a group of women that are truly empowered to make a difference in the world at large.
We will meet for 6 weekly sessions, Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00 pm, starting October 11, 2022. Please note that this is a commitment to your cohort and to yourself, attendance at all sessions is expected.
Fall 2022 cohort applications are now OPEN! Please fill out this form by October 5th at 12:00 pm.
If you have any questions about the Women's Leadership Program please contact Karina Pabón at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Women's Leadership Book Club
Join us for our quarterly Women’s Leadership Book Club! Each quarter, we read and discuss a book that addresses issues pertaining to women’s leadership. The program is open to ALL members of the UChicago community, regardless of gender identity.
The fall quarter selection is Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner. We will meet to discuss the book on October 25th at 12:00 pm at South Lounge (Reynolds Club).
Sign up for a time to stop by CLI and get a copy of the book!
Past Book Club Picks:
- Fall 2017 Book Club Selection: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Winter 2018 Book Club Selection: Innovating Women: The Changing Face of Technology by Vivek Wadhwa and Farai Chideya
- Spring 2018 Book Club Selection: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Fall 2018 Book Club Selection: Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
- Winter 2019 Book Club Selection: Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Spring 2019 Book Club Selection: Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Start-Up by John Carreyrou
- Fall 2019 Book Club Selection: Lead from the Outside: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change by Stacey Abrams
- Spring 2020 Book Club Selection: Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- Summer 2020 Book Club Selection: I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Fall 2020 Book Club Selection: More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
- Winter 2021 Book Club Selection: One Life by Megan Rapinoe
- Spring 2021 Book Club Selection: Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
- Summer 2021 Book Club Selection: Circe by Madeline Miller
- Fall 2021 Book Club Selection: Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot by Mikki Kendall
- Winter 2022 Book Club Selection: Professional Troublemaker: The Fear-Fighter Manual by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- Spring 2022: Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab
Women's Leadership Workshops
For questions about the series or suggestions for selections / workshops you'd like to see, email Karina at email@example.com.
Past Women's Leadership Workshops:
- Leading With Confidence
- Finding a Mentor
- International Women's Day
- Stress and Balance
- Courage to Act
- Self Advocacy & Negotiation