Women’s Leadership Series began with a series of workshops and trainings, but have also taken the form of a Book Club and celebration of International Women’s Day. The goal of these programs is to offer a space for discussion and exploration of the unique issues that arise when women take the lead. Programming is not limited to participants of a particular gender identity.
Women's Leadership Program
The Women's Leadership Program is a 6-week series in which participants will learn about, reflect on and develop self-advocacy and leadership skills. During this program, participants will explore what it means to be a woman in leadership and how their unique experiences shape their leadership framework. Participants will have the opportunity to build relationships within a small cohort of women and connect with women leaders across different fields.
After the 6 weeks have concluded, you will continue to have the opportunity to collaborate with this cohort of women throughout your remaining years in the college through a series of alumni events and networking sessions. We intend for this program to not only help you become a stronger leader but also make lasting friendships with a group of women that are truly empowered to make a difference in the world at large.
We will meet for 6 weekly sessions, Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 pm, starting October 13, 2021. Please note that this is a commitment to your cohort and to yourself, attendance at all sessions is expected.
Applications for Fall 2021 cohort are now CLOSED. Stay tuned for more information about the Fall 2022 cohort.
If you have any questions about the Women's Leadership Program please contact Karina Pabón at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Women's Leadership Book Club
Join us for our quarterly Women’s Leadership Book Club! Each quarter, we read and discuss a book that addresses issues pertaining to women’s leadership. The program is open to ALL members of the UChicago community, regardless of gender identity.
The spring quarter selection is Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab. We will meet to discuss the book on April 20th at 12:00 pm at South Lounge (Reynolds Club).
Stay tuned for the Summer 2022 pick!
Past Book Club Picks:
- Fall 2017 Book Club Selection: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Winter 2018 Book Club Selection: Innovating Women: The Changing Face of Technology by Vivek Wadhwa and Farai Chideya
- Spring 2018 Book Club Selection: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Fall 2018 Book Club Selection: Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
- Winter 2019 Book Club Selection: Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Spring 2019 Book Club Selection: Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Start-Up by John Carreyrou
- Fall 2019 Book Club Selection: Lead from the Outside: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change by Stacey Abrams
- Spring 2020 Book Club Selection: Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- Summer 2020 Book Club Selection: I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Fall 2020 Book Club Selection: More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
- Winter 2021 Book Club Selection: One Life by Megan Rapinoe
- Spring 2021 Book Club Selection: Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
- Summer 2021 Book Club Selection: Circe by Madeline Miller
- Fall 2021 Book Club Selection: Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot by Mikki Kendall
- Winter 2022 Book Club Selection: Professional Troublemaker: The Fear-Fighter Manual by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- Spring 2022: Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab
Women's Leadership Workshops
For questions about the series or suggestions for selections / workshops you'd like to see, email Karina at email@example.com.
Past Women's Leadership Workshops:
- Leading With Confidence
- Finding a Mentor
- International Women's Day
- Stress and Balance
- Courage to Act
- Self Advocacy & Negotiation