The Student Engagement Fund is designed to support student programs and initiatives that promote leadership development, professional development, community development and academic initiatives that are not part of activities undertaken by a Recognized Student Organization (RSO). This fund is supported by the Center for Leadership & Involvement and is open to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students. Students may apply for the Student Engagement Fund at any time while they are enrolled as a full-time student and plan to be enrolled full-time the following quarter. Funding is available fall, winter and spring quarters - until all funds are allocated.
- Fund requests can be made for up to $4,000.
- Awardees are required to submit a summary report of how the funds are used. Due dates for summary reports will be provided at the time funding is granted.
- All awardees must complete the Student Engagement Fund training module before the funds can be accessed.
- Events, programs and initiatives receiving support from the Student Engagement Fund are eligible to reserve space for a discounted rate within the Reynolds Club, Ida Noyes Hall, and certain classroom spaces.
- Any unused funds at the end of the current academic year will be returned and re-allocated in future application cycles.
APPLICATIONS are currently CLOSED.
Frequently Asked Questions
Applications are currently CLOSED.
Yes, the Student Engagement Fund cannot be used to pay for the following items/services:
- International travel
- Expenses for fundraiser
There is a mandatory meeting for all Student Engagement Fund award recipients on Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 11:30am CST. This meeting will most likely be a Zoom meeting - the link will be sent directly to all recipients.
Yes, you are encouraged to apply for funds for the entire 2023-2024 academic year.
Your group is eligible to apply for up to $4,000 per academic year.
No, each group most designate one person to manage and reserve spaces on behalf of their organization. If you need to change your primary contact for room reservations, please contact Kevin Bryant, Associate Director for the Student Centers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, recognized student organizations (RSO) are encouraged to apply for funding through those funding sources designated for RSOs. For more information about funding opportunities, please visit the following website.
The applications are available here: APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
For questions, please contact Jimmy Brown, Director of the Center for Leadership & Involvement at 773-702-3343 or email at email@example.com.