*The following Annual Allocations information reflects the process from Spring Quarter 2023 and is helpful to review as a reference. Spring 2024 information will be posted during Winter Quarter.*
In order to be eligible for AnnAl funding, your organization must:
- Be an RSO with "Active" status in Blueprint. If your RSO is searchable in Blueprint without logging in you are "Active". See your RSO Advisor for questions about your RSO Status.
- Have held RSO status for at least one full year. RSOs approved during the current academic year will not be eligible for AnnAl.
- Not be a member of the Program Coordinating Council.
- Coalition of Academic Teams member organizations may only apply for on campus activities, and not competition expenses.
In order for your application to be considered by the committee you must complete all of the required components of the application process:
- Complete the training form before the end of Spring Break. The module takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Meet with your RSO Adivsor before the end of Third Week of Spring to discuss your mission, goals, and priorities.
- (Optional) Speak with the funding committee about your application.
- Submit an application online by the published deadline.
While there is no application limit, the committee does have hundreds of organizations and interests to support with limited funds. The committee will attempt to fund as much of your highest priorities as they feel they are able.
AnnAl can fund expenses for the next academic year that support:
- RSO events, initiatives, and programs
- Operating expenses
- Student travel occurring during the Summer or first five weeks of Fall
AnnAl cannot fund:
- Expenses occurring during the current academic year
- Capital improvements
- Student travel after the fifth week of Fall Quarter
AnnAl is ideal for:
- Your signature events/programs and those that play an essential part in your organization's mission
- Events/programs held before, whose budget is well understood
- Events taking place early in the year for which you have less time to fundraise
AnnAl funding decisions are made by the Annual Allocations committee which is comprised of student government representatives (graduate and undergraduate) and student organization leaders appointed by Student Government. All decisions are voted on by students alone.
When reviewing an application the committee wants to see budgets that:
A thorough application that does not assume the committee already understands your organization and programs will be most effective.
You can take advantage of the optional budget workshops where you can get time with a committee member to look at your budget.
The committee's funding decisions will be available to you on the funding website at the stated time. Note that the deliberation and decision announcements may be different for Community Service Fund AnnAl requests.
You can review your allocations by logging in, and on the bottom of your RSOs funding page select "View Final Allocations".
You will have the opportunity to appeal any decision reached by the committees. If you feel your budget, priorities, or revenue sources were misunderstood by the committee, you do have the opportunity to appeal the decision. Formal statements of appeal (based on the originally submitted budget) will be due to your Advisor and the Committee Chair 24 hours following the announcement of funding decisions according to the posted deadlines.
Annual Allocations are not intended to be the sole source of funding for any organization. The committee will try to fund as much of your highest priorities as they can. Events not funded through AnnAl can be taken to SGFC in the following year for funding.
Funds awarded through AnnAl will be deposited into your Blueprint accounts at the start of Fall Quarter.
If you were funded for Summer or early fall expenses, you can still make those purchases prior to the distribution of your funds, just keep in touch with your Advisor about what you are spending.