Inter-Department Transfers

When conducting business with other University entities, you may be asked to submit or receive payment with an inter-departmental transfer (JE).

What to submit: A quote, confirmation, or invoice. Verbal quotes may be written on the Purchase Request.  The expenses will need to be itemized.

Notes on avoiding transfer pitfalls

  • Make sure to list the contact person in the service department on the Purchase Request.
  • If a department asks you for your account number in order to issue a payment to you, you should get in touch with the Financial Operations Office (RC 006) to complete the transfer.

UChicagoSocial: Center for Leadership and Involvement